ADBP seeks to increase Staff Capacity
Title: Coastal/Maritime Engineer - Dredging
Company: Anthony D Bates Partnership LLP
Location: Axbridge, Somerset, England
Hours: Full Time
Contact: Katherine McSweeney
Anthony D Bates Partnership LLP, a leading international dredging consultancy, is looking for a well-educated, professional and confident person to fill an immediate position.
Key responsibilities will typically involve:
- Manage incoming enquiries;
- Manage and co-ordinate current tenders;
- Assist in feasibility study reports;
- Assist in contract drafting;
- Offer project support;
- Work with the technical and marketing sectors;
- Assist with occasional on-site supervision of works in the UK or overseas;
- Contribute to administrative tasks.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- English speaking;
- Qualification in dredging related subject such as Civil, Geotechnical, hydrography, or Environmental Engineering;
- Experience of the dredging and/or bathymetric surveying;
- Experience of presentations and report writing;
- Excellent Microsoft Office software capabilities;
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well within a team;
- A good problem solver and analytical thinker;
- Proactive, hardworking and enthusiastic;
- Be flexible with regard to working hours/location;
- A keen interest for a long term career in the dredging industry;
- Willing to relocate to South West of England;
- Full, clean driving licence.
Other beneficial characteristics include:
- A relevant degree, masters or PhD;
- Relevant work experience;
- Ability with AutoCAD and design/dredge software;
- Experience with marine licensing/permitting;
- Experience with environmental assessments;
- Knowledge/experience of marine environment.
on your current position and location;
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your engineering career within a niche consultancy partnership working throughout the world (short term visits), and in return you will receive relevant training and support as well as a very competitive remuneration package. Remuneration is negotiable, with the potential to earn significantly above industry standards.
If you think you have all the skills please contact [email protected] Please indicate in your expression of interest email the following:
· Details on your skillset and experience with regard to the ideal candidate characteristics;
· Details on when you could be available to start work;
· Your salary expectation; and
· Attach your up to date CV.
Closing date for all applications Friday 17th March 2017. All applicants will receive a response.